Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Thursday 21 June 2018

Tilapia Fish Tacos Bowl

HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE

Seriously, when I lived in the Yukon this was my most favorite day of the year! It was day time ALL 24hrs! Summer in the North is amazing and if you ever get a chance to travel there in the summer I say GO FOR IT!

I wanted to bring you a fresh summer recipe for the first day of summer but didn't really know what to do. Since I am still on my second round of 80 Day Obsession using timed nutrition but following the 2B Mindset principles, I wanted to create a recipe that would fit in with containers but also the PlateIt method.

And this my friends is what I came up with! I made everything from scratch! 



TILAPIA FISH TACOS/BOWL
Time: 30 mins 

For the Tacos:
Tilapia
Tortilla of choice
Coleslaw
Salsa
Avocado
Lime 

For the Bowls:
Tilapia
Riced Cauliflower or choice of base (rice, quinoa)
Salsa
Avocado
Lime
Coleslaw or greens


Tilapia

Ingredients:
4 tilapia filets
2T Cajun/ Fajita seasoning (homemade recipe below)
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
Heat skillet with 2T Olive oil 
Pat fish dry then seasoning both sides with seasoning 1/2T per filet
Add to hot oil and cook about 3 mins per side ( might flip a few times to be surely cooked through) the fish should flake easily when it is done

Homemade seasoning:
I used it for my Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers recipe and had some left over!

4tsp Chili Powder
2tsp Paprika
1tsp Garlic
1tsp Onion powder
1tsp Oregano
1.5tsp Cumin
1/2tsp Cayenne 
dash salt 


Coleslaw 

Ingredients:
1 bag colesaw ( or make your own with shredded cabbage, carrots)
1/2C Mayonaise
1T Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8C sugar or maple syrup or honey
1/4t celery seed
pepper to taste 

Directions:
Mix it all up good and toss in with coleslaw let sit for 15 mins 

Peach Salsa

Ingredients:
2 peaches peeled and diced
2/3 of a red bell pepper
1T minced jalapeno roughly 1/2 of a jalapeno
2T white onion ( or 1/4C diced red onion I didn't have red on hand yesterday)
2 garlic cloves minced
salt and pepper to taste 
1/2T fresh lemon juice
1T fresh lime juice 
1/4C cilantro

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 10 mins before serving 

Put it together:

If you are making these into tacos like my family did last night, heat up a small or large whole wheat, corn or white tortilla with a little oil or butter on it to crisp it up a bit. Once it starts to bubble then they are ready. If you are using a large tortilla we usually but ours into quarters and make a taco that way. 

Start by adding some fish followed by your choice of toppings you can even add corn or black beans if you choose

To make the bowls add 1 Cup of riced cauliflower or rice to a bowl top with 1 fish filet, 1/2C salsa, 1/4 of an avocado diced, 1/4C coleslaw, lime wedge. 
That is how I did mine anyways but you can add whatever you choose and how much of what ever you choose to match your containers or plateIt method. 

*It was seriously SO dang good!! That peach salsa was BANG on man.. if your peaches were not as sweet as mine you can add a tsp of honey or maple syrup to your salsa mix but if they are perfectly ripe you shouldn't need any sweetening at all. 

Remember to share this recipe by clicking on the picture to post to pinterest or click on any of the social icons below to share to your social media :) #sharingiscaring 

Also be sure to tag me if you make any of my recipes or create new variations so I can try them xoxo #LYPEeats @LiveYourPassionKS 

Enjoy this beautiful summer day my friends! 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig