Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Meal Planning Tips That Will Make It Less Stressful!


I was never a planner. I used to fly by the seat of my pants in every area of my life! 
I was the person who waited until the last possible day of the deadline to get assignments done. What can I say I strive under pressure.

When it came time to figure out portion control and healthy meals, I was totally lost. I thought I could just roll through my days without a plan and just magically eat according to plan. This, my friends, was not the case! 

This is the one thing that I could not just wing. I would catch myself craving food that wasn't on my food list or just end up reaching for boxed easy food for supper which is filled with chemicals and crap. 

SO I had to LEARN how to plan and prep. It took me awhile but I figured out what works for me and I want to share some ways to make it painless for you too! 

Meal planning is one of the easiest things you can do to set yourself up for success. There are no rules so really, YOU CAN'T MESS UP!  The key is just to start, and to set aside a little bit of time each week to do it. There are so many ways to approach meal planning that, once you do it once or twice and schedule it into your week you will be golden!

First thing first decide how you want to plan it. Spreadsheets, paper and pen, whatever you choose. I am a HUGE paper and pen gal so that is what I go with! ( see picture below to the right) It is nothing fancy and there is a bit of scribbling but hey it's good for me and gets the job done!

Next, make sure you have a set time during the week to plan, scope out flyers and deals (if you are looking to budget as well) I meal plan on a friday as Saturday or Sunday is usually a city day. 

Step 3- figure out your eating situation. What meetings do you have, extra curricular activities, meals with friends, etc. Mark those on the meal plan sheet and take those into consideration so you can plan or be on the lookout for dump, crockpot, or easy meals.

*Tip*- create a pinterest board or master recipe binder of all the recipes you try or would like to try and your family loves. You can make sections or label fam favourites, breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, fast etc. 

Step 4- Plan your meals with overlapping ingredients. Ex. Greek Chicken Kabobs w/wild rice. Make enough chicken that you can make Chicken salad the next day for lunch and enough rice that you can make something with rice for supper then next night. OR you can just mix the rice and chicken together the next day for a yummy chicken fried rice! This will save you money and time but that will also come with meal prep! 

Once you get everything planned out then make your grocery list! I like to look for deals and I price check lots but it is up to you!

Click here for my CLEAN EATING GROCERY LIST

Now you are ready to roll! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig