Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Monday 12 September 2016

Zucchini Boats!

It is that time of year when those who grew Zucchini have it coming out of EVERYWHERE! I, myself, LOVE Zucchini as it keeps super well but also freezes well! I have many many recipes but this is one I just tried today. 




Zucchini Boats
Serves 4 

1 Medium Zucchini
3/4 Extra Lean Ground beef or Turkey
1 Cup Marinara sauce ( I make my own)
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese 

Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise
Hollow each side out using a spoon or a melon baller
Brown meat and mix in the sauce
Add whatever spices you like (I used Taco Seasoning) 
Split mixture into the two halves of zucchini
Sprinkle cheese over top 
Bake at 400F for 10 mins - should be able to stick a fork easily into the end
Broil on high until browned

Serve as a side or main dish with a side of rice :) 





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig