Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Stuffed Peppers

After I made the Enchiladas I had some leftover filling components that needed to be used up so I decided to make Enchilada Stuffed Peppers and they were ALSO a hit in our house with my toddler and my husband! 

Many people think "clean eating" is hard, takes too much time, and that no one else will eat it. I know, I felt the EXACT same way when I started. I was making two different meals every. single. day and let's be real that will make anyone give up. When I learned my portion control and all the DELICIOUS FOODS that were apart of it I soon realized I didn't have to make two separate meals. I could simply cook accordingly and be sure I portioned my stuff out. 
We tend to over complicate things so that is why I am sharing some delicious, fast and FAMILY-FRIENDLY "clean eating, healthy and portion fix approved" meals for you!


Enchilada Stuffed Peppers:

Ingredients:
4-6 Bell Peppers (1 colour or more, up to you!)
1-lb Ground Turkey (chicken or extra lean beef works too)
1 Med Onion diced
2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (1 cup)
3/4C Drained Black Beans
1/2 Cup Enchilada Sauce(jar or homemade from Enchilada recipe)
1/2 Cup Corn (optional)
1/4 Canned Green Chillies (Optional)
4 Thin Slices of Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

Brown Ground Meat in a skillet then add onion.
Cook until translucent about 5 mins and add the rest of the
ingredients other than the cheese. 

Cook about 15 mins until flavours are incorporated ( you can add extra spices if you wish)
Core the Peppers and take out the insides or cut in half 
Fill each pepper and pack in the filling and top with a slice of Mozzarella cheese 
Place in a baking dish and bake at 350degrees for 35 mins


*Option for leftovers use in a salad for lunch the next day it is DELICIOUS!! 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig