Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Paleo Honey Balsamic Pork Chops

I used to live under a rock. Not really but my husband does tell me that once a day at least HAHA! I used to think Pork Chops could only be made with BBQ sauce and grilled.. OK, I actually never ate Pork Chops much growing up...

Since being married I have been searching for new recipes to try but being me I end up using it as a reference and turning it into my own. I LOVE being creative with food. How about you?? 

Yesterday I made this Paleo recipe. It was a TOTAL HIT with my two year old and my husband. 

WOOOOOOT. 

The recipe came from www.paleoaholic.com

Paleo Honey Balsamic Pork Chops

Ingredients:

4 Bone-In Pork Chops
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Onion ( Red or White)
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil 

Directions:

1.Rub pork chops with Red Pepper Flakes 
2.Preheat medium-heat skillet
3.Add Coconut Oil to skillet
4.Add pork chops and salt and pepper to taste 
5. In a bowl mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, onion, garlic set aside until chops are done
6.Cook for 5-7 mins on each side or until no longer pink
7.Once cooked take out of skillet and set aside
8.In the same pan add the vinegar mixture and scrap the bottom to get all the brown bits ( full of flavour!)
9. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 mins uncovered for 6-8min stirring once in awhile
10. Add chops back in and cook 5 mins per side basting with liquid
11. Remove and serve with whatever you choose! 

For the portion Fixers out there:
1 pork chop would be 1 Red and 1 or 2 tsp(coconut oil)
Sauce, as long as you only have a tablespoon, I wouldn't worry about much. 

I decided to serve mine with Brown Jasmine Rice and steamed veggies. So my whole meal was 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow and 2 tsp. 



I would love to here what you think of this recipe and if you make any changes please share with me!

Stay Awesome friends! 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig