Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Whole Wheat Waffles

Every Sunday my husband takes over the kitchen and makes us breakfast! It is usually pancakes, waffles or crepes. 
I started to make my own recipes but once in awhile if I give him the recipe he will do it for me :) Talk about full support! I love this man! 

This past sunday I created these GREAT whole wheat waffles! I count a full waffle as 2 yellows as they are fairly large! 

Without further adieu here is the recipe! 

WHOLE WHEAT WAFFLES

INGREDIENTS:

2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1Tbsp Sugar (Raw or coconut would work good too or maple syrup, honey)
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt (I use himalayan pink salt)
2 Eggs
2 Cup Unsweetened Almond milk(any milk you prefer)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
1/2 tsp Vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine all dry ingredients. Mix well to combine
2. Add wet ingredients and whisk until smooth and all bumps are out
3. Pour into hot waffle iron ( I always spray with a little oil just in case)
4. Follow directions and cooking time for your waffle iron
5.Serve with your fav toppings ( keep in mind Portion fixers to count you toppings as well)

1 Waffle= 2 Yellows plus whatever toppings you have. In the picture below I used 1 tbsp Maple Syrup and 1/2 Banana (1 purple)





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig