Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Love The Skin You're In and BE PROUD!

Welcome to my story! 

I have struggled with weight my entire life it feels like. I always wanted to look a certain way, feel a certain way, act a certain way and never really knew how to be comfortable with myself until much later on in life. 

As women, there is already so much pressure society puts on us. Commercials, magazines, etc. It is hard to love yourself for who you are when all that other stuff is getting thrown in our faces constantly and we tend to just automatically compare ourselves to others. 

In the picture above it I started it in the Left hand top corner. That was my Grade 12 Grad. Quick backstory, Grade 9-12 I was pretty consistent with my weight. I became extremely sick in grade 8 causing me to lose almost 100 pounds. Can you believe it I was a super chunky kid from about grade 5 on? Well it's true! 

Moving down the left hand side and around was my journey to where I am now. I started getting chunky again in the third picture as I just finished a year of college and all it was pretty much was partying, KD and Ichiban. Then the bottom left hand corner was about 8 months after I had a life changing experience that caused me to lose a lot of weight the unhealthy way.. (ask me about that if you are interested)
The bottom and up the right hand side was my married life, 1st pregnancy, and to where I am now. 

It took another life changing experience for me to realize that I am enough just being me! 

November 29, 2014, I had my son Westin Edward via emergancy C-Section. I did not enjoy pregnancy and my labour and delivery was awful. Nothing went the way I was hoping ( as it never really does right?) but throughout the day I kept talking myself into a better mood by becoming OK with the situations. Then time came for the c-section, the one thing I absolutely did not want. I quickly talked myself into it again knowing I would be awake and my husband would be there. 
Well that wasn't the case either. I ended up feeling the first cut and had to be put under immediately resulting in not being about to see my son for hours after and not feeling connected with him as well as not being able to breastfeed. 
I think all these factors didn't help that I ended up with PPD for 5 months after having my son.

I gained way more weight than I did during pregnancy, I was unmotivated, uncomfortable and unhappy. I knew something just had to change as my marriage and ultimately my life was suffering. 

I reached out to my coach friend who suggested 21 Day Fix Challenge Pack. It was 30min workouts, portion control containers and Shakeology to help with nutrition part of things. She knew I needed the full deal. I was extremely skeptical and
a super negative person but my plan was to try it and just say the shakeo didn't work for me so I could get my money back... Little did I know within 2 weeks of drinking the shakeology daily and forcing myself to workout my PPD started subsiding! 

I ended up joining as a coach and continuing on with PiYo, Body Beast, Hammer and Chisel, 22 Min Hard Corps, Country Heat, TurboFire, Insanity Max:303 Day Refresh and Core De Force and lost 71lbs total before I found out I was pregnant again. 




Do not get my wrong I was CRAZY excited that we were finally pregnant again after trying for almost a year but immediately worried about my tummy as I finally just got back to where I wanted to be. I felt myself slipping back into the shitty mindset of worrying about what others thought of me. 

I soon realized what the heck does it matter? I am growing a little human and damn proud of that plus my body has been through so much already! I have war wounds, I have memories and I will ALWAYS be proud of my body. 

People who don't know my situation make comments and don't think I'm taking my own advice but honestly I am WAY healthier and more active than most of those making the comments, so ya...
I am proud of the way I look. 

I'm happy to be rocking this baby belly!! ❤️


So to all you Mama's and Mama's to be... 

>>>BE DANG PROUD OF THAT BODY GIRL<<<

For me it all started with a challenge group to teach me how to start loving myself and to be held accountable .

If you would like more info on how to join an accountability group you can click here and I will be in touch with you shortly!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig